Are you looking to cut costs?




Cutting costs seems to be a consistent catch phrase, regardless of the decade. Families constantly seek to provide for themselves what they need and what they want, for less.

Having started beginning to raise a family right before the Recession hit, my husband and I weren't immune to this mentality. We had two children smack dab in the middle of the Great Recession. We even bought our first home mere months before that October day in 2008, and are still in that 2 bedroom home. It is inexpensive, and while our children still share a room in a home that we intended to move out of within a year, we still reside here because it is affordable, and allows us a small bit of freedom in our budget.

One thing that has kept me on track all these years is using coupons and shopping sales. I am able to feed my family the way I prefer, while allowing for special treats from time to time. I am able to spend merely pennies sometimes on things we need and use often, such as sunscreen, cleaning products, and laundry products. I am able to buy organic occasionally because I am able to save on staples that I've purchased inexpensively.

Learning how to coupon was never an issue for me; my mother taught me when I was a young child, so I grew up thinking everyone couponed, everyone knew how, and that it was normal! It wasn't until I started meeting new mom friends that I realized this is a skill that not everyone possesses, or even knows how to begin doing on their own!

As couponing has changed, and has adapted to our digital age, even an old dog like me can learn a few new tricks! Websites, e-courses, and online classes have all been a boon to my 'continuing education.' Grocery University is no different - I purchased it once on sale, and adored it then. Now, it is redesigned, and being offered at a sale price!

If you are interested, you can click the banner - not only will you receive a valuable education, you will learn a skill that can be passed down to your children, to other friends, and family.

**As an affiliate of Grocery University, I do receive a small commission for your purchase, and want you to know that ahead of time. That being said, I would endorse this product whether I received compensation or not - everyone should have access to this wonderful resource!

Comments

Popular Posts